Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Can I recolor and repost your items?
- 2. Can I use your items in the lot I created to upload?
- 3. Do you take requests?
- I no longer take requests. As of the summer of 2007 I have essentially retired as a creator in the sims community. I may still create little things here and there but I will not take any requests for objects since my time is increasingly limited and the sims community has become so rife with hositility, theft and total disrespect for creators that I no longer find as much joy in creating. My sites will remain up and running for several years so they content will still be here should you ever need it.
- 4. What do the symbols mean?
You Can Mouseover Any Of the Symbols Anywhere On the Site & Read Its Description :)
|The Base Game||For More Info On The Symbols Below Click HERE|
|University Expansion Pack||
You may recolor the object
|Nightlife Expansion Pack||You may include the object mesh with your house|
|Open for Business Expansion Pack||You may offer the original mesh file with your recolors|
|Pets Expansion Pack|
|Seasons Expansion Pack|
|Item Will NOT work with Open For Business|
|Bon Voyage Expansion Pack|
|Free Time Expansion Pack|
|Holiday Stuff Pack (either one)|
|Family Fun Stuff Pack|
|Glamour Life Stuff Pack|
|Celebrations Stuff Pack|
|H&M Stuff Pack|
|Teen Stuff Pack|
- - MilkShape 3D ($30 USD)
- - UV Mapper Professional ($60 USD)
- - Photoshop CS2 ($350 USD)
- - SimPE (free)
- - Paint Shop Pro 8 (for screenshots) - ($100 USD)
- - 3D Studio Max 9 (just starting to learn this) - ($3,500 USD)
- The first four are my primary programs for all object creation.
- I use Dreamweaver to create all my webpages (except WhiteRosesGarden which has not been converted yet). All prices were the approximate amount I paid for the programs so you have an idea of what it costs for the better tools.
- 7. I downloaded all your stuff but almost nothing shows up????
You need to install the CEP in order for most items to work. You can get the CEP free by following the link on the main page. I own all stuff packs and EPs and all of my items are created with all EPs and stuff packs running. If you lack one or more of the add-ons some downloads may not work. I try to mark such downloads when I can. The easiest way to find my downloads is to INSTALL THE COLLECTION FILES!! If you're a download-aholic collection files can save you oodles of headaches finding objects. You do NOT need to download all the items in a set for a collection file to work.
- 8. The CEP isn't working for me, what should I do???
Post your problem in the forum for the CEP. I have no involvement in its creation so I can't help you with installation issues.
- 9. Where do I put your items?
All objects must be unzipped into your downloads folder unless otherwise specified. If you have trouble, please read all the instructions on file installation at TheSimsResource.com for the most thorough instructions.
- 10. What does "small, medium, large" mean in the OFB Sets "Placement"/"OFB Tag" ?
- OFB applies a placement tag to each item so it knows how to display items on the shop shelving. Small means 6 items can be placed on a shelf. Medium means 2 items can be placed on a shelf. Large means only 1 item can be placed on a shelf. Just because a placement tag has been set does not mean that the item requires OFB, but if you do get the EP then those objects will place correctly.
- 11. Why .zip & not .rar? Can you make your stuff available in .rar?
- My preference is .rar but it seems to cause havoc among the computer illiterate (id10t error). Therefore .zip it is. No, I won't provide both because it will eat space unnecessarily AND Winrar does both formats. :P
- 12. Can you teach me how to make items?
- No. I don't really possess enough skill to try and teach others effectively. However The Sims Resource, among other sites, has many, many awesome tutorials to help you out.
- 13. If you post as HChangeri, why do your package files start with WR?
- For at least 10 years prior to my creating content for The Sims 2 my web identity was WhiteRose which is linked to my long running non-sims website: www.whiterosesgarden.com. It is a very, very commonly used web identity when registering for sites like TSR & MTS2 so I use HChangeri to register at places like that which is how I got stuck with at as my creator name. Once I started making stuff I naturally used the initials WR, since that's how I sign everything on the net, without thinking about it. I didn't want to switch halfway through so I keep doing it.
- 14. Do you run virus scans & spyware scans on your computer? How do I know your files are safe?
- YES I RUN ANTI-VIRUS & SPYWARE SCANS ON MY PC REGULARLY. Actually, my husband does. He is a senior research engineer for Stanford Research Institute Inc. and specializes in computer security. He often works at home and since we started sharing a PC he has ours locked down tight and runs the scans every time he works on it, especially if I've been downloading. These scans include ALL of the files uploaded during each website update. So, yes, my files can basically be considered safe. However, you should always scan your computer often (the more the better when your a download fanatic) and especially after installing new Sims downloads! If I ever find one in my web files I will be sure to plaster a gigantic warning on the entry page to this site.
15. How many people work on this site?
- One. Just me. I do everything that has to do with this site including 100% of the content, web design, etc. There is no team, I don't have a staff, it really is just my effort, time and money behind all of this.